under construction! Don't be alarmed, new layout coming soon...yeah right

Monday, October 1, 2007

Be Prepared To Deal With The SiCKO (2007)



No matter what your politics are or what you think of Michael Moore, he is a fantastic filmmaker. SiCKO, a documentary on the healthcare system in the United States, is one of the most moving pieces of cinema released this year. He is less on camera than some of his other films, but he hilariously allows himself to be the fool as he travels all over the world discovering that the US is behind in many many ways. I could tell that many of the audience members including me were moved, some to tears, some to increasing anger at how the system we live in is no longer a democracy, but a government run on our fear. A lot of people attack the level of “accuracy” of this and any of his films have, but honestly there are no unbiased forms of documentaries or unbiased anything. As soon as you feel something you’ve made a decision; or as soon as you haven’t, you’ve made a decision. I’ve run off into politics, but it’s impossible not to be moved by this film either way. Michael Moore is a successful filmmaker because he creates dialogue and a debate. I know this film isn’t one hundred percent accurate, but as an intelligent member of society I do a little research, I read a few facts, I try not to eat something if I don’t know what it is first. Why this film has made me even more incensed at the American Government is the fact that it only reinforces my own fears and observations at what is going on around us. Regardless, see this film or don’t, but please do something.

The Trailer:


Links:
SiCKO on IMDB
SiCKO main site
A Factual Checkup on SiCKO

2 comments:

Ginny said...

"no matter what you think of michael moore or his politics, he is a fantastic filmmaker."

what if i don't like him because i don't think he's a very good filmmaker?

Steven Ray Morris said...

well entertaining filmmaker at the very least.